Thursday 24 January 2013

Anatomy Of Death - coming soon...

Back in January last year, in this post, I mentioned that Peter Mark May, head honcho at Hersham Horror Books, had asked me if I'd like to project-lead a new anthology.  I jumped at the chance and, since I was free to come up with my own theme, decided to look back on the genre, to horror in the 70s.

Ah, horror in the 70s.  Slim paperback novels, full of sex and violence, death and intrigue and films such as those made by Amicus and Hammer and Pete Walker et al.  This collection takes those concepts and runs with them, fully embracing the era.

As project leader for "Anatomy Of Death - in five sleazy pieces", I'm really lucky - I got to write my story, about a foot fetishist photographer in London during the 1976 heatwave, using lessons learned from my sleazy horror reading over the past couple of years.  I have brand new stories from Stephen Bacon, Johnny Mains, Stephen Volk and Andrew Murray (who makes his debut with this collection).  I have cover art by the talented Neil Williams and I'm working in collaboration with Pete May.

More details as they emerge but, in the meantime, here's the teaser poster I've put together and which I posted to Facebook today.



No comments:

Post a Comment