Saturday 10 August 2013

Happy birthday Snoopy (but really about my sister)!

Happy birthday to Snoopy who is, apparently, 63 today.

When we were growing up, my sister Tracy loved Snoopy - she had a cuddly toy who went everywhere with her, we watched the films together, she had a massive collection of the books, posters, the lot. Since she died, I have begun to collect the books myself and I understand why I'm doing it, but it's also a strip I like because it both amuses me and makes me feel nostalgic.

The Sharman side of the family in 1979, gathered at ours for a trip to Rowell Fair.  Me and TJ are front row right and there's Snoopy, obviously a lot newer than I ever remember him being!

Her childhood Snoopy (who was so well loved and travelled that Mum had to sew a collar onto him to keep his head on his body) joined her on her final journey but I'm sure both of them would have been celebrating today.



edited to add:

No comments:

Post a Comment